Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What Happens If You Boil Coca-Cola Coke? Video

what happens if you boil coke






I’ve heard all sorts of bad things and seen all those experiments about Coca-Cola Coke but none of them scared me as much as the experiment in the video below.

We do not drink Coke in my home. We don’t even buy it to keep in the fridge for guests. I only buy Fanta because I mix Guinness Stout with it (delicious) .
My fear comes from the fact that when I am offshore (I work in oil exploration), I binge on Coke. I drink at least a small party cup of Coke every day. It gives me the much needed energy to work 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week for the duration of my stay there. Once I get home, I stop taking it instantly and I usually suffer for it. The last time I came back from work, it took me a week to recover from that over-dependency on caffeine and sugar in Coca-Cola.
Now, I would like to understand what really happened in the experiment. All the chemists and food scientists, please help me out here. :D What is that asphalt-like residue made up of? I know the heat induced some kind of chemical reaction there but what and what combined to make the residue slimy like that? Is that all just caramelized sugar and food coloring as stated in the video? Urghhh!





No comments:

Post a Comment